twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How can I access my Outlook Express email if...?

I just moved and everything works perfect since I've hooked up my computer except my Outlook Express. The first time I tried to access it after it got hooked up at this new house, a box popped up with my username and password. It has never done this before. Anyhow, my username and pw where already filled in so I click "ok". It did not accept them though. The only change that has been made since my move is Cox (my ISP) gave me a new modem and took my older one. (They are both cable modems and I don't see why this would be the cause of any problems).
How can I access my Outlook Express email if...?
It sounds as if Outlook Express has been set up differently from the way it was before and it's possible that it may not be recognizing the new modem - the data from the old modem may still be in place, so if that is the case you will have to configure your new modem. When the box pops up again, click on Properties to check your settings. Under the "General" tab, check to see that the new modem is listed in the "Connect using" box. Also, check out the data in the other tabs to make sure that they are correct.





I have upgraded my computer 3 times and each time I have had problems with Outlook Express. This time when I upgraded, I actually got a new computer and so I now have both computers, side-by-side, on my desktop. When I set up my Outlook Express account for the new computer, I used my other computer as a guide (I still use both computers). The same thing happened as before when I had upgraded the other computer - I could not connect %26amp; kept getting error messages. Each time I had to contact my service provider - this time my ISP told me that one thing in my setup was wrong and we corrected it. Ironically, the change he had me make was the only error message I received when I tried to connect, so I changed it back to the way it was before I called him, and to the exact same configuration as the other computer, and tried to connect again. That time it worked. I am convinced that the ISP has to do something on their end in order to register your computer online. So, my advice is to call your ISP - and it would be a good idea to go through the setup in properties, tab by tab. Good Luck!
Reply:How can I access my Outlook Express email if...?
unusual name

1 comment:

  1. I often solved my OE problems with the help different programs. And one day I was in a hole and no one of tools couldn't help me. I entered the Google and started looking for the resolution. I was lucky - problems outlook express. It settled my problem within a minute and utterly free of cost as far as I remembered.

    ReplyDelete