twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

If I set up my virgin email account on outlook express will i still be able to access it from other computers?

Yes. However some important things to note about configuring Outlook Express (OE)





You can configure OE to leave mail on the server (typically a check box) or to remove it from the server. I don't remember the exact path to get to the setting but the Help menu will certainly guide you.





If it is configured not to remove from the server, then you will be able to see your email both via the web and in OE.





However, if you configure OE to remove from the server then it is a bit more convoluted. You will still be able to see your email via the web, but once you start OE, it will download the email to your machine and remove it from the server so it will no longer be viewable via the web - only in OE.





I use Outlook 2007 and use this to an advantage. I have it configured to remove email from the server but how I manage email is by using the web interface to preview and remove most of the garbage BEFORE I start Outlook. Then once I triage my email, I start Outlook which now downloads (and removes from the server) only the important emails I want.





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment