twitter




Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Can I set up Outlook Express for the same email account on my home pc and my laptop?

I copied the account info, the incoming mail server info (POP3) and SMTP info onto the Outlook Exp. on my laptop, but it's not recognizing my email. I also tried to Google setting up my OE but that didn't work.
Can I set up Outlook Express for the same email account on my home pc and my laptop?
You can set up the account for both your desktop and your laptop... That is correct.. But with Outlook.. (I call it "Poutlook" since it sucks.) It downloads your email to your hard drive when you log into your account and then deletes your mail from your online POP3 account... Therefore, if you sign on with your desktop and check your email, it is downloaded to your hard drive... Then if you go to check your email from your laptop, you will see nothing, unless new mail has arrived... Consequently, you will only be able to see the email that you have originally downloaded to the said computer.. You cannot share emails between computers unless "maybe" they are both on the same network... And that is a totally different question altogether.. Getting them to sync is probably possible, but beyond my knowledge of outlook as I do not use it...
Reply:Are you using both the desktop %26amp; laptop to read email? couldn't tell for sure, but if so you'd be better off using a web based mail client (Hotmail, Gmail, even Yahoo!) That way, no matter what computer your using, your email is always available. You can use Outlook Express (personally, I think it a waste of time, always seems to have some little issue after another as you are finding out) on both machines, but they will quickly get out of sync if your not carefull, major headache.
native american name

No comments:

Post a Comment