twitter




Monday, October 12, 2009

Is there a way to copy email files from Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express onto an external drive?

I have to reformat my hard drive, and I'm worried about losing my email history and documents when I do. I have both Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express, and want to back up either or both of them. I've tried to export and save folders, but maybe I'm doing something wrong--the program will only let me export or move them within the email program.
Is there a way to copy email files from Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express onto an external drive?
Export





Click Import/Export


Select Export to a file.


Select Personal Folder File (.pst)


Select the folder to export from:


Click the Browse button to save it to the default location so it know where to look after you've re-installed the OS and apps and click Finish.


Copy it from the default location.


Re-install the OS and apps, and copy it back.





Outlook Express won't let you drag your email to a folder, but Outlook will.





Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment